Polar Climate and Environmental Change in the Last Millennium – Torun, Poland – du 1 au 3 février 2010.
An international conference entitled « Polar Climate and Environmental Change in the Last Millennium » will be held 1-3 February 2010 in Torun, Poland. The conference will be convened in the Uniwersytecki Hotel.
The aim of the conference is to present scientific achievements and detect gaps in the historical climatology of the polar regions based on early meteorological observations, history, dendroclimatology, paleolimnology, geophysics, geomorphology, and other sources. The conference topics are:
– Sources of paleoclimactic information;
– Research methods of climactic changes in historical times;
– The climate of polar regions in the last millennium and its changeability;
– Causes and effects of climate change in historical times; and
– Climate change scenarios in polar regions in the 21st century.